[CP2K:3628] NEB: number of replicas, cpus and input files

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassma... at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 23:48:21 UTC 2011

Hi Carlo,

gosh that was quick!

I got 8 cores per box, so that is where the cores come from.
I got 17 points I want to run, hence the 17 files.

Right now I only got 32 cores alltogether.

So my train of thoughts were similar to yours: 8 replicas and each replica is
using 4 cores adds up to 32 cores.
However, that crashed with that error message:
ERRORL2 in neb_utils:build_replica_coords processor

So in the end I decided to use 32 replicas and 32 nproc_rep for the 32 cores I
have. I guess one could do better. ,-)

All the best

Jörg