[CP2K:3263] cp2k with gfortran 4.6.0 compiles but fails later on when testing

Urban Borštnik urban.b... at gmail.com
Fri May 20 19:17:49 UTC 2011

Hi Carlos,

One very quick to find out where your executable gets stuck--since it is
completely non-parallel--is to run it through gdb.  First, recompile
with the "-g" option to get debugging symbols in the executable.  Then
run "gdb /path/to/cp2k/cp2k.sopt -i input.inp" with the appropriate path
& input filename. When it gets stuck, simply press Ctrl-C and it should
print a stack trace (or type in "bt" to get it).  Try it several times
to see if it always hangs at the same point.  Then let us know where it
gets stuck.

Another option is to turn on tracing by adding "TRACE ON" to the GLOBAL
section of the input file.

Cheers,
Urban