[CP2K:3155] building cp2k on CentOS 5.5

Peter Tentscher peter.t... at epfl.ch
Sat Mar 19 14:53:01 UTC 2011

Dear Dominik,

CentOS 5.5 comes with a gcc/gfortran of the 4.1 series. CP2K is quite
demanding to the compiler, and gfortran has progressed in the recent
years to better comply with standards. In other words: if you're stoned
to gfortran 4.1, you'll most likely never be able to build it.
My recommendation is to build a new build environment from scratch with
a newer gcc/gfortran, e.g. the 4.3 or 4.4 series. This worked fine for
me on RHEL 5.5.

Best,

Peter