[CP2K:3130] Re: Metadynamics Bug report in colvar: DISTANCE

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 05:03:26 UTC 2011

Ata,

I'm sorry to say that PBC are implemented correctly and that NINT is the correct way to handle them - not just for CP2K, but for a series of other codes. Actually INT would seriously provide jumps (check its definition on the same link of my previous message)!!!

>From your previous mail, I have the suspect that your compiler is messing up the NINT and INT function definitions.

Your issue ( if there is one !! I thought a bit more during this night and honestly I am not sure that anything related to the lagrangian could be the source of your problem  ) is located somewhere else and deleting the NINT is only hiding the real problem.

Be careful to what you say and to the message you give to other users (who may wrongly listen to your suggestions): in a full PBC calculation does NOT make any sense to use a DISTANCE colvar for metadynamics that does not comply  with PBC!

Regarding lagrangian and non-lagrangian the same comment as for the 200 cutoff : do what you like but do not give wrong messages around.

Regards,
Teo

Teodoro Laino
Zurich Switzerland