[CP2K:3124] Re: Metadynamics Bug report in colvar: DISTANCE

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:34:21 UTC 2011

Dear Ata,

thanks for being so responsive, but I would like to make it clear that the DISTANCE cv (as is implemented in CP2K, with the name &DISTANCE) between
two atoms (i and j) is defined as :

sqrt( (xi-xj)**2 + (yi-yj)**2 + (zi-zj)**2)

that  IS equal to

sqrt ((-(xi-xj)*2 + (yi-yj)**2 + (zi-zj)**2)

There is no such reference x0,y0,z0 in the definition of a DISTANCE colvar. Where do you see it? Can you please cut&paste the whole subroutine, from begin to end of this colvar?
I'm just curious because the DISTANCE cv (as long as I remember) was never defined like that..

Teo

p.s.: I do not comment further the 200 number in your cutoff - I can give suggestion, but the choice is of the people doing their work.