using REFTRAJ

jadefox337 jadef... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:22:59 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am now using REFTRAJ option and have run into a (new) problem.  When
I restart the job, all the output files (forces, Dipole, moments, etc)
that were generated in the first part of the run, get overwritten.
I had assumed that the RESTART in *.inp, only needs to have the
section under EXT_RESTART specified;
 &EXT_RESTART
      RESTART_FILE_NAME z_dmd300myh2o-1.restart
&END
 and the other files that the run generated will have the new data
appended.  This is the behaviour in general.
Unfortunately, all files were overwritten.  Is this a bug or a
different behaviour ?  I can get around this problem, but I was just
wondering.
Thanks,

Madeleine