failing job:err 300

jadefox337 jadef... at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:33:19 UTC 2011

Dear Weiyi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  I have inspected the
configuration and it doesn't look like there
is overlap of atoms, but most of the waters are not in good
positions.  BTW, I started from an optimized configuration of compound
+25 waters and to that I added waters until I got 60 waters.
I am attaching the most recent input file (in which I have commented
the section of MULTIPOLE (of which I was not sure if I needed it for
periodic boundary cond).  After that change I ran and failed again
with the following error - obviously things do not converge...  Maybe
I should try first to optimize without vdw - Grimme ?

_____________________________
 SCF WAVEFUNCTION OPTIMIZATION

  Step     Update method      Time    Convergence         Total
energy    Change

     1 P_Mix/Diag. 0.40E+00  533.8     5.0615E+10
********************  2.48E+43
     2 P_Mix/Diag. 0.40E+00  621.9     1.8584E+12 ********************
-1.74E+51
=>> PBS: job killed: walltime 1821 exceeded limit 1800
Terminated mpirun: killing job...
mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 3099 on node c0745 exited
on signal 0 (Unknown signal 0).
mpirun: clean termination accomplished
32 total processes killed (some possibly by mpirun during cleanup)
Jobs exit status code is 143
Job dMin60watCis/1063310.cvrsvc09-ib completed Mon Jul 11 15:44:31 PDT
2011
_____________________

Here is the input file:

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT dMin60watCello # #
  RUN_TYPE  GEO_OPT # ENERGY# MD ## GEO_OPT  ##
  PRINT_LEVEL LOW
&END GLOBAL
&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD QS
  &DFT
   &POISSON
     POISSON_SOLVER PERIODIC
#     &MULTIPOLE
#	    ANALYTICAL_GTERM .TRUE.
#		EWALD_PRECISION 1.00000000E-08
#		RCUT 30.0
#	 &END MULTIPOLE
     PERIODIC XYZ #NONE #XY
   &END POISSON
    BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME ../../BASIS_SET
    POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME ../../POTENTIAL
    &MGRID
      CUTOFF 300
    &END MGRID
    &PRINT
       &LOCALIZATION
       &END LOCALIZATION
    &END PRINT
    &QS
      EPS_DEFAULT 1.0E-12
      EXTRAPOLATION PS
      EXTRAPOLATION_ORDER 3
    # OT
    &END QS
    &SCF
      SCF_GUESS ATOMIC # ATOMIC # RESTART
    &END SCF
    &XC
      &XC_FUNCTIONAL BLYP
      &END XC_FUNCTIONAL
     &VDW_POTENTIAL
         POTENTIAL_TYPE PAIR_POTENTIAL
        &PAIR_POTENTIAL
            TYPE DFTD3
            CALCULATE_C9_TERM .TRUE.
            PARAMETER_FILE_NAME ../../dftd3.dat
            REFERENCE_FUNCTIONAL PBE
            R_CUTOFF 16.
            EPS_CN 0.01
        &END PAIR_POTENTIAL
     &END VDW_POTENTIAL
      &XC_GRID
        XC_DERIV SPLINE2_SMOOTH
        XC_SMOOTH_RHO NN10
      &END XC_GRID
    &END XC
  &END DFT
  &SUBSYS
    &CELL
      ABC [angstrom] 15.0 15.0 15.0
      PERIODIC xyz
    &END CELL
    &COORD
       UNIT angstrom
       @INCLUDE 'cello60wat.xyz'
   &END COORD
    &KIND H
      BASIS_SET DZVP-GTH-BLYP
      MASS 1.0
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q1
    &END KIND
    &KIND C
      BASIS_SET DZVP-GTH-BLYP
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q4
    &END KIND
    &KIND O
      BASIS_SET DZVP-GTH-BLYP
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q6
    &END KIND
  &END SUBSYS
&END FORCE_EVAL
&EXT_RESTART
#  RESTART_FILE_NAME  dMin25watCello-1.restart
   RESTART_COUNTERS  T
   RESTART_POS  T
   RESTART_VEL  T
#  RESTART_NOSE  T
   RESTART_RANDOMG  T
&END

Thanks to anyone willing to have a look and give some advise.

Madeleine