Job stopped after 40 steps

giulia palermo giulia.p... at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:26:20 UTC 2011

Dear Dr. Laino,
probably CP2K is miscompiled in the machine that I were using. This
conclusion arises from the subsequent arguments:

1) Coping all the files to another machine the job has started, the
geometry optimization has finished properly again, and we are
currently running the MD simulation without problem for more than 100
steps.

2) As supposed by the system managers of the IBM sp6 machine, the most
common error that I had is related to memory:

ATTENTION: 0031-408  64 tasks allocated by LoadLeveler, continuing...
ERROR: 0031-161  EOF on socket connection with node sp0025

Even if my calculation are now running on an other machine, the
problem on the IBM sp6 machine persists.
How can be possible that other users of the sp6 are running cp2k,
using the same submission file, without any problem?
I will send an e-mail to the system manager ASAP.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
Giulia Palermo