Extracting Meta-forces

Ali rnalo... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:28:09 UTC 2011

Dear Teo,

Thanks. I just of something and wanted to run it by you. During the
metadynamics simulation, one could get the total force on each atom
(which would include the potential due to the external bias). Could
one then do an ENERGY_FORCE calculation and extract the forces from
there and subtract from the forces during the metadynamics calculation
to get the contribution from the meta forces? Would there be an issue
with the extrapolator during the MD?

Ali