[CP2K:3682] Are OT vs. non-OT simulations comparable

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Dec 23 13:46:31 UTC 2011

Hi

the final energy will not depend (up to some numerics) on the
optimizer used, as long as you are using the same electronic
structure method.
In your example, however, you are changing the method by requesting
"smearing". In this case the total energies will be different
(but can be similar if the band gap is very large).

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland