[CP2K:3193] Re: problem converging molecule in doublet state

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Mon Apr 11 08:12:34 UTC 2011

Hi

if you have problems converging OT you should use safe options.

      &OUTER_SCF ON
        EPS_SCF ...
      &END
      &OT ON
        Minimizer CG
        LINESEARCH 3PNT
        PRECONDITIONER FULL_ALL
      &END OT

Outer SCF helps to get a good preconditioner. Keep the number of SCF
cycle in the inner loop small (10-20 max).

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland