[CP2K:3185] Re: error in bond dissociation energy of gas phase molecule

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Thu Apr 7 14:46:39 UTC 2011

Hi

I remember a similar case where the production of a spin polarized
intermediate resulted in a "wrong" activation energy. The problem
was related (at that time) to the carbon pseudopotential
that had bad transferability from non-spin-polarized to
spin-polarized situations. This could be a similar situation.

BTW check the literature for the really bad behavior of all
non SIE corrected functionals for this type of reaction.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland