[CP2K:3183] Re: error in bond dissociation energy of gas phase molecule

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:26:50 UTC 2011

No worries Jun -
My question was related to the fact that we observed in same cases a numerical instability with the implementation of BLYP in CP2K.
This does not look like your case though..
This is good because it should be something systematic (if it depends on the pseudo). I mean other codes (like CPMD or PWSCF (using the same pseudos)) should give a similar
result like cp2k.

If I have time later on today, I will compute a similar quantity with one of the two codes above and report the energetics: similar results with independent implementations should provide a better understanding of the issue you are observing.

Teo