error in bond dissociation energy of gas phase molecule

Jun chen... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:02:53 UTC 2011

Thanks for the comments, Matt.

I can reproduce the number from nist chem database. The functional is
B3LYP, isn't it? It has about 0.2 eV difference from all electron
calculations.
We are a bit skeptical on the pseudopotential, but haven't
investigated it yet. Honestly, I don't think I want to. Our main
project is actually calculating PMF of H2O2 dissociation in water. If
the 0.5 eV error in vacuum is due to pseudopotential, I have no idea
what will happen in water. Hopefully, there is some error
cancellation, as you said.

Jun