[CP2K:3168] Re: error in bond dissociation energy of gas phase molecule

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:02:12 UTC 2011

Hi Jun,

that's correct -
Try nonetheless whatever decoupling you like (WAVELET or MT) - I'm quite skeptical on the ANALYTIC one though (so I would never suggest you this one specifically).

H2O2 and H2O have strong dipoles and these may still bias the energetics in full periodic boundary conditions (keep in mind that in a full slab of dipoles the electrostatic interactions falls like 1/r, although for two isolated dipoles the interactions goes like 1/r^3).

Remember to include also:
&CELL
   PERIODIC NONE
..
&END

for your large basis set you may still have some contributions from the NL of the core hamiltonian matrix.

Regards,
Teo