[CP2K:2827] implicit solvent model for ellipsoid solute cavity

Hanning Chen chenh... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 03:26:09 UTC 2010

Hi, Teo,

  Could you send me the reference that describes the solvation model you
implemented in CP2K? It seems that you decompose the charges into spherical
multipoles since I found the following codes in cp_ddapc_methods.f

          IF (r1/=0.0_dp) THEN
             DO l = 0, lmax
                LocP(l,i) = ( r1**l * REAL(l+1,KIND=dp) *
(eps_in-eps_out))/&

(Rs**(2*l+1)*eps_in*(REAL(l,KIND=dp)*eps_in+REAL(l+1,KIND=dp)*eps_out))
             END DO
          ELSE
             ! limit for r->0
             LocP(0,i) = (eps_in-eps_out)/(Rs*eps_in*eps_out)
          END IF

I am trying to implement a PCM model in CP2K, and have to learn the coding
structures.
Thanks.

Hanning