[CP2K:2943] Re: bug in cp_fm_invert ?

Hanning Chen chenh... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:23:15 UTC 2010

Hi, Flo

  Besides the issue on the sign of determinant, I have another concern on
the et_coupling subroutine. As shown in the attached file, the one-electron
operator coupling between two Slater determinants is the summation of the
corresponding couplings between the orbitals weighted by the inverse of
overlap matrix. The derivation in details is given in "Methods of Molecular
Quantum Mechanics, Second Edition. (R. McWeeny), Page 61-66".

  Apparently, there is an index swap between the orbital coupling and
overlap matrix. Therefore, in "et_coupling.F",

 b(i)=b(i)+rest_MO(2)%matrix%local_data(k,j)*inverse_mat%local_data(k,j)*tttt

should be changed to

  b(i)=b(i)+rest_MO(2)%matrix%local_data(k,j)*inverse_mat%local_data(j,k).

Similar modification ought to be applied on a(i) too.

Could you please check this issue too ?

Thanks.

Hanning