[CP2K:2935] Re: how to compute polarization

Hanning Chen chenh... at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 17:51:45 UTC 2010

Madeleine,

  You need to do a fourier transform on the dipole moment generated by cp2k,
according to the real-time time-dependent density functional theory
(RT-TDDFT) theory.

  Technically, you should start your real-time propagation (under an
external perturbation) from a well optimized ground state wavefunction,
which does not have be at the same directory as your RT-TDDFT calculation.

  Thanks.

Hanning Chen

Department of Chemistry
Northwestern University