[CP2K:2699] Re: single point problem

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu May 6 14:04:43 UTC 2010

alican wrote:
> Hello again..
>
> The problem still exists on two cases.
>
> 1) The program claims my molecule to have odd number of electrons, so
> that I have to use LSD command, which actually ruins the job for me.
> Why does cp2k claim my molecule to have odd number of electrons,
> whereas no such problem exists in any other programs?

First check that the geometry is really correct. Are you including all
atoms?
Second, is your system charged?

CP2K just does its job.. are you sure all other codes behave correctly?
and rather they do not do for you an unrestricted calculations without
complaining?

Triple check this issue..
> Again, my molecule is http://www.2shared.com/file/a81wGuji/dene.html
> .
>
> 2) Even if it has odd number of electrons, why the job is not working
> properly? Unlike other problems I encounter, program just stops at
> the

It is not working properly because you have a cell of 50.0 Angstrom
(cube) and you have a cutoff of 158 (do you have an idea of the amount
of memory that you are allocating?!)
Now having said that SE does not need employ grids (unless you need to
dump CUBE files) why are you using this cutoff?
Is there any reason for that?

Teo