instability on scf during geoopt

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:50:12 UTC 2010

Hi Jun,

I do see the behaviour you describe.  What I tried to hint at above is
that you'll converge (to the same solution) if you use a restricted
wavefunction.  I've seen this for another system of my own.

I'm not sure if it is just the smaller number of degrees of freedom
that help the non UKS converge, whether the settings for the mixing
should be altered for UKS or whether there may be something else.
I'll try and cut down my system too.

Cheers,

Matt