Questions about printing out unoccupied molecular orbitals (LUMO, LUMO+x)

marci marc... at pci.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 3 10:36:56 UTC 2010

I do not fully agree. The ADDED_MOS keyword is mainly thought for
calculations
with smeared occupation numbers. In this case the number of partially
occupies MOs
is larger than the number of electrons, and definition homo and lumo
are not anymore a good
way to classify the MOs
True is that in the case illustrated by "zh"
there is no need to add MOs for the SCF and the unoccupied
states can be safely calculated a posteriori just for printing
purposes,
i.e. ADDED_MOS can be set to zero.

cheers
marcella