MPI2 problem on IBM Power PC

Pietro Vidossich vi... at klingon.uab.es
Tue Jun 22 06:38:34 UTC 2010

Dear all,

 we have problems running CP2K on the IBM Power PC cluster at the Barcelona
Supercomputing center. The error we receive is the following:

libdbcsr|  MPI error 1641487 in mpi_alltoall @ mp_alltoall_i44 : Other MPI
error, error stack:
MPI_Alltoall(711).................: MPI_Alltoall(sbuf=0x3c3cde10, scount=2,
MPI_INTEGER, rbuf=0x3c3cd3c0, rcount=2, MPI_INTEGER, MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed
MPIR_Alltoall(175)................:
MPI_Type_create_indexed_block(166): MPI_Type_create_indexed_block(count=32,
blocklength=2, array_of_displacements=0x3c3c6670, MPI_INTEGER,
newtype=0xffffff29628) failed

and may happen after any number of steps.
Unfortunately, the support of BSC has not been able to solve the problem (as
you can see from the message below). If you run the latest code on Marenostrum
or you have any suggestion on how to make the code working on Marenostrum, we
would really appreciate your help.

 kind regadrs,
pietro vidossich