[CP2K:2785] Multigrid

Juerg Hutter hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Thu Jul 29 14:46:03 UTC 2010

Hi

the accuracy is controlled by the cutoff and (if there are
multigrids) the relative cutoff (REL_CUTOFF). The relative cutoff
is used to decide what grid is used for a product of basis functions.
If the relative cutoff is converged the actual number of grids
does not matter (for accuracy). If your relative cutoff is too low
you will see large differences when changing the number of
grids.

best regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                   Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich           E-mail: hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland