[CP2K:2577] Re: QM/MM with isolated QM box

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 17:23:00 UTC 2010

Dear Shihao,

It is a bug in the input, a quite severe one.
I would highly recommend you to stop QM/MM for a while and check/
study more carefully how Quickstep and in general plane wave codes
work, with a focus on all problems related to them. Otherwise the
risk is that the amount of numbers that you produce are just trash.

Anyway: you use MT decoupler (check MT references about problems VS
cell size)+2water molecules+a box of 6x6x6 angstrom.

There is a quite big inconsistency: size of the cell VS you QM system
VS MT decoupling.
After moving your cell to a more reasonable value the 2 waters
molecule move like they would normally do.

If you keep them tightly frozen in a small box you can't expect see
them moving.

Regards,
Teo