[CP2K:3007] compilation

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Dec 17 08:42:17 UTC 2010

Hi

most likely, there is nothing wrong with your compilation.
HFX can be that much slower, especially if you have for example
a molopt basis set.
Another problem could be periodicity. To make a fair comparison
with other codes you should use non periodic boundary conditions
and a similar basis.
Important is also to use the incore capabilities of CP2K. You will
see a dramatic speedup starting from the second SCF cycle if you
allow the code to use all the memory.
Don't forget that CP2K is very fast for GGA's but cannot use these
tricks for Hybrids (= slows down to the speed of other codes).
Some other codes (Orca) have tricks for the HFX that are not available
in CP2K. However, the ADMM feature in CP2K speeds up HFX considerably,
but the input can be tricky.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                       Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland