CECAM TUTORIAL: "Hybrid Quantum Mechanics/Molecular Mechanics (QM/MM) Approaches to Biochemistry (and beyond)"

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 11:30:26 UTC 2010

Dear cp2kers,

On behalf of the organizers, I would like to bring to your attention the following tutorial, extremely useful for people
willing to master the QM/MM capabilities of CP2K (and not only).
This tutorial will take place the week after the 2nd CP2K Tutorial. I would encourage, therefore, all people interested in QM/MM
to apply to this one as well, which is completely focused on QM/MM.

I would kindly ask you to spread this news to all your collaborators.
Thanks a lot and my apologies in case you should receive this announcement in multiple copies.
Best,
Teo

                                                  CECAM TUTORIAL
                Hybrid Quantum Mechanics/Molecular Mechanics (QM/MM)
                              Approaches to Biochemistry (and beyond)
                             February 14-18, 2011, Lausanne (Schweiz)

We are pleased to announce the CECAM tutorial "*Hybrid Quantum mechanics
/ Molecular Mechanics (QM/MM) Approaches to Biochemistry (and beyond)*",
which will take place in Lausanne, from February 14, 2011 to February
18, 2011.

The objective of the tutorial is to make neophytes aware of those
specific QM/MM interfaces which are generally part of major computer
codes but that are still regarded as (and used as) mysterious objects.
Students attending the present tutorial will be instructed about how to
select a specific QM/MM set-up depending on the particular biochemical
system and specific problem they want to study.

The tutorial is intended for a maximum of 25/30 participants and attendants
are requested to have at least a basic knowledge of static optimization techniques
and classic/first principles molecular dynamics.

Further information can be obtained from CECAM web site:
http://www.cecam.org/workshop-515.html

The application deadline is February 1st 2011.
Yours sincerely,

Mauro Boero
Carme Rovira
Ivano Tavernelli