pseudopotential for charged atoms ?

Matthias Krack matthia... at psi.ch
Thu Dec 16 07:57:56 UTC 2010

Dear Valerio,

you are right. Basically, you need only to change the electronic
configuration in atom.dat to generate the proper all-electron
reference. Usually, the PP parameters for the neutral atom are a good
initial guess. Just take care that the number of electrons is
matching. The GTH PPs show a quite nice transferability. To my
experience there is no need (and no gain) to employ such
pseudopotential variants adapted to or tuned for the specific
application. The semi-core PP of Ni should work just fine.

cheers,

Matthias