[CP2K:2800] Re: Applying electric field

Hanning Chen chenh... at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 20:50:56 UTC 2010

Flo is right. The feature of "EXTERNAL_POTENTIAL" is actually what aarondesk
needs. In the presence of a STATIC electric field, an optimized structure
likely exits. On the other hand, "EFIELD" is primarily for time-dependent
wavefunction propagation. Alternatively, since the step of "EFIELD" is
always zero during a geometry optimization, one can set "START_STEP 0" to
check the existence of the electric field.