Error on malformed input file

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:56:13 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

normally, CP2K complains about malformed input files. I have noticed
that this is not the case if the problem is in the &COORD section.
Running the input file pasted at this message gives me the rather
confusing error:

forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit -5, file Internal
List-Directed Read

and a stack trace. This is not a serious issue, but perhaps there is
an easy way to fail more gracefully and inform the user about his
mistake. I have encountered this when using the @include directive,
which makes the problem slightly more difficult to spot.

Of course the example is "too minimal" and will not run anyway, but
removing the offending line at least makes it fail with a nice
informative error message.

Regards,
Ondrej

&FORCE_EVAL