[CP2K:2252] Re: Bug in the cell-optimization

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:32:51 UTC 2009

Roman,

there is a bunch of missing information. The CELL_UC is printed only
when you use multiple_unit_cell, which is by
far not he default.
Is this maybe the case? Are you using multiple_unit_cell option?  If
yes.. don't you think that maybe this could be an important thing to say ?
What is the reason why all the time people are measuring out carefully
information from their input file?
Why not sending directly the input?

Just to make the point of the situation clear enough:
- without multiple_unit_cell there are no bugs (optimization is
completed in 5 steps)
- I checked as well the multiple_unit_cell and there are no bugs (your
coordinates works perfectly) (optimization is completed in 11 steps with
a  2 2 2 repetition).

since I have no idea why have CELL_UC in your output file, I cannot say
anything else than just confirming that the coordinates are properly
adapted to the rotation of the cell and there is no evidence for bugs.
(Keep in mind that the major printing of the coordinates that look like
the thing you've pasted in the message is done long time before the
rotation of the matrix).

If you still want to claim to have found a bug please attach a complete
input file.
A code updated to the lastest CVS version may help as well the
communication in order to avoid to see different things.

Regards,
Teo