[CP2K:2418] Re: Catastrophical Error w/ Intel Compiler and w/o libintwrapper

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.... at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:27:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 17:40, Matthias Krack <matthia... at psi.ch> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I would suggest to try an older Intel compiler version like 11.0 or
> 10.1, since there might be problems with 11.1.

I have also met the same internal compiler error. It might be of
interest that I was mislead by the following statement:

"The new Intel Fortran compiler 11.1 update 3 (version 11.1.059) have
fixed all issues we found, with option '-O2 -xHost -openmp'."

from here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/build-cp2k-using-intel-fortran-compiler-professional-edition/

I will 11.0.x seems to work better, but still has problems with some regtests.

The file cp2k/tools/hfx_tools/libint_tools/README_LIBINT lists "intel
11.1.056" as a compiler with full ISO C bindings support. Is that
because someone has actually managed to get a build with it and
without the wrapper, or just because Intel says it should work?

Best,
Ondrej