[CP2K:2094] Re: CP2K at Launchpad

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.... at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:48:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 09:32, Fawzi Mohamed <fa... at gmx.ch> wrote:

> I think that having a single central repository for CP2K, so that
> there aren't many slightly different versions was always an important
> aspect, so I don't know if this is such a good idea.

Sure, I see the point here. I certainly would not want to change this.
As I said, this was meant as a convenience that I find useful. What I
forgot to say - I only want to use this as read-only. In fact, it
probably would not make much sense to commit to this automatically
updated mirror of the CVS repo anyway.

Anyone can make their own private checkout (or branch, because of the
way bazaar works) just as they can from the CVS repository. I
absolutely do not want to encourage anyone to contribute any code to
CP2K anywhere else than the official repository. It is just that I
find it more convenient to work with a bazaar checkout/branch than a
CVS checkout.

Ondrej