Lagrange multipliers

ivaylo ivo6i... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 05:26:48 UTC 2009

Hello all,
I encountered the following problem while trying out constrained MD
with cp2k (QMMM).

  &CONSTRAINT
    &G3X3
      EXCLUDE_QM
      DISTANCES 1.8896447 1.8896447 3.0862864
      MOLNAME MOL6  # these constraints need to be enforced to keep MM
water rigid
      ATOMS 1 2 3
    &END G3X3
    CONSTRAINT_INIT T
    &COLLECTIVE
     COLVAR 1  # this is the colvar for which I want to print the
lagrange multiplier
     INTERMOLECULAR T
     TARGET [angstrom] 0.0
    &END COLLECTIVE
    &LAGRANGE_MULTIPLIERS ON
     ADD_LAST NUMERIC
     COMMON_ITERATION_LEVELS 26000
     FILENAME ./CONSTRAINT
    &END LAGRANGE_MULTIPLIERS
  &END

The problem is that when  LAGRANGE_MULTIPLIERS  is set to ON all
values (MM water included) are dumped into the ./CONSTRAINT file. Is
there a way to print only the lagrange multiplier for the collective
variable of interest? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ivaylo