[CP2K:2100] partial charge after DFTB calculation

Juerg Hutter hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Tue Jun 2 13:12:14 UTC 2009

Hi

atomic charges are calculated in SCC-DFTB calculations as
part of the energy functional. However, there is currently
in CP2K no option that allows you to print those charges.

You can hack the code in qs_dftb_matrices.F at line 712.
There the Mulliken charges are calculated and the atomic charges
are stored in the array "mcharge".
If you do this, you have to take care of parallelisation issues.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                   Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich           E-mail: hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland