GUI, builders, Mol-mechanics

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:51:57 UTC 2009

On Jul 19, 3:15 pm, Nikitin Alexey <agilem... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear CP2K team,

dear alexey,

> Your project has made a great impression on me. I am engaged in molecular
> mechanics, and it makes a great part of what I need.
> May I suggest you a project *Ascalaph Quantum* as a prototype of graphic
> part for CP2K?http://www.agilemolecule.com/Ascalaph/Ascalaph_Quantum.html

can you please explain a bit more what this is supposed to mean?

are you proposing that _you_ write an interface to cp2k?

are you suggesting that somebody amidst the cp2k developers
should write an interface? and if yes, how should that work
since there is no source and linking GPL software would force
you to relased the whole package as GPL?

are you suggesting that somebody writes a GUI that just
_looks_ like your program? in that case, why? is there
any feature that makes it different from other packages?

thanks,
    axel.