MM and QMMM example inputs
ewald.... at ugent.be
Mon Jan 26 11:27:52 UTC 2009
Quite a while ago, I kinda promised to try and make some example input
files for MM and QM/MM calculations. They are finished now and I
uploaded them as 'Charmm_qmmm.tar.gz'.
I made an example tripeptide (trialanine), which was solvated in
water. The forcefield is CHARMM.
The tar-file contains the necessary psf/pdb files and three
- MinMM: an example geometry optimization using FIST (only MM)
- MinQMMM: now using the QMMM routine with mechanical embedding; the
entire protein is in the QM layer
- MinQMMM_link: GEEP for the electrostatic coupling between QM and MM;
only the central Ala residue is in the QM layer; two link atoms were
Some technical remarks:
1/ Charmm parameters and topology files were downloaded from the
2/ Regarding pdb/psf files
* created using vmd, the manual and tutorials should be sufficient to
create these files
* removed "CMAP" in the header of the psf file
* the box size and amount of water is quite (too) small
3/ Regarding Minimization
* The initial geometry is far from perfect. To avoid errors at the
beginning of the optimization, the NEIGHBOR_LISTS/GEO_CHECK setting is
(initially) set to false.
I would really appreciate it if people could check whether there are
still errors in the input.
If more information is desirable, feel free to mail me.
More information about the CP2K-user