DFTB charge equilibration discrepancy

Nir nirgo... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 18:15:43 UTC 2009

Hi Juerg,

> there might be several reasons for this problem.
> To get more information could you do the following tests:
>
> - run both programs without EWALD (and PERIODIC NONE in CP2K)
>    in order to verify that we agree on the basics

Thank you for your speedy reply.  Unfortunately turning off the Ewald
sums in both codes (and using PERIODIC NONE in CP2K) did not produce
agreement.  I also tried doing the same by using the "cluster" option
with DFTB+ without success.  Is there anything else you can suggest to
try?  Again, DFTB/DFTB+ and CP2K agree very well for systems such as
CO, H2O and CH4, but disagree for CO and NO.  I'm using the scc input
files provided by CP2K for all three codes.

Thanks again,

Nir