[CP2K:2477] GHOST and QMMM

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:52:35 UTC 2009

Dear Stas,

thanks to you for the effort of providing a simple test case.

CP2K requires the knowledge of the element of each atomic kind.
So if you comment the ELEMENT keyword and the element cannot be
determined differently, CP2K would normally stop with an error message.
For QM/MM there was indeed a bug: if the element could not be found
instead of stopping there was a segfault.
I committed a patch 2 hours ago which fixes this problem.

Just for completeness, let me also say that the segfault is not related
to the GHOST keyword: you can easily take it out + commenting the
ELEMENT keyword and the segfault will be still there: this is just to
let you realize how important is having a small test case that
reproduces the error (saves plenty of our time).

Thanks for your collaboration,
Teo