[CP2K:2043] Re: optimisation problem of F compound

Fawzi Mohamed fa... at gmx.ch
Fri Apr 24 07:15:55 UTC 2009

Hi Jörg,

On 24-apr-09, at 01:39, Jörg Saßmannshausen wrote:

> Dear Axel,
>
> yep, there are plenty in the BASIS_MOLOPT.
> However, I was not sure if they are suitable for my problem, hence I
> did not
> use them. However, I will give it a try.

I don't think that the problem with imaginary frequency is due to the
basis set, that said the MOLOPT basis set is normally a good choice :)

I saw another thing you use EPS_SCF 1.0E-8, in this case you should
increase also EPS_DEFAULT, so that the integrals are more accurate,
otherwise you might have problems converging. In general one should
have EPS_DEFAULT ~ EPS_SCF^2, but due to the numerical accuracy
probably it does not make any sense to go higher than 1.0E-15.

ciao

Fawzi