[CP2K:2018] Re: electron density cube file after DFTB

Juerg Hutter hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Tue Apr 21 07:22:21 UTC 2009

Hi

of course you are right. You can plot a density in the way
you are describing. My remark was more of a general nature.

For example it is possible to have different basis functions
for C-H and C-O parameters (might not be a good idea, but the
method allows for it). The electron density is not directly
linked to the electrostatic potential used (also true for SCC-DFTB)
or is relevant for the XC energy.

Still, it might give some insight in the chemistry of your system.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                   Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich           E-mail: hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland