[CP2K:1981] counter charge

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 14:01:32 UTC 2009

Dear Jun,

Just to avoid confusion, the neutralizing background charge is not
something  manually added  in CP2K because
we don't like to have charged systems.. It comes out of the box from the
EWALD summations and there's
nothing you can do to avoid it (the energy of a charged system would
terribly diverge!!!)...
unless... unless your system is not charged..

The answer to your question is : no, it is not possible. And even if it
would be possible, it may end up in problematic
issues.

Think about putting counterions, instead, in your simulation if you
don't like to have charged systems.

Teo