bulk water vs. DFTB

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:09:16 UTC 2008

On Oct 26, 10:33 am, Juerg Hutter <hut... at pci.uzh.ch> wrote:
> Hi Axel
>
> I only know of one water simulation using DFTB and there
> the structure was rather poor (understructured, no second
> solvation shell).
juerg,

yes. understructured is what i see.
i was expecting it to be worse, though.

particularly since i more or less randomly
picked one input file from the regtest directory
and modified it for my test system.

> Which parameter set did you use and have you added
> the dispersion correction?

i'm using the parameters from the scc directory in
the cp2k DFTB regtest directory and dispersion correction
is active.

axel.