MD on cp2k

Marcella Iannuzzi marcella.ia... at psi.ch
Thu Oct 23 13:35:07 UTC 2008

Hi

there are several technical issues to be considered, before setting up
such a calculation.
For example, the variable time step should be used in such a case, due
to the high energy of the incident particle,
but I have not tested it yet for radiation damage.
I might prepare such a test case in a while, but this is certainly not
the first thing to start with
if you don't  have  much experience with MD.

If you want to run some simulation to monitor the behavior of defects,
I suggest that
you  start with something simple like one or a few point defects in
your simulation box.
In your case, Frenkel pairs or Schottky defects would be the most
reasonable choice, I believe.
These are typical defects generated by radiation damage.

Regards
Marcella