[CP2K:1441] No TARGET field in FIXED_ATOMS section

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:51:16 UTC 2008

section CONSTRAINT%FIXED_ATOMS can NOT have a TARGET since there you
may specify a list of atoms..
and a single target would be meaningless unless you don't want all of
them collapse in one point/plane/line (according
the amount of components you want to keep fixed).
A more complicated TARGET (like multiple TARGET or list of numbers is
out of question.. far too complicated and error
prone..)
So.. there cannot be a TARGET keyword in FIXED.

Moreover normally you start from a geometry where you want to keep
frozen/restraint some components of few atoms..
if you want to do something more exotic.. of course you can..
there's a section:

http://cp2k.berlios.de/manual/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/CONSTRAINT/
FIX_ATOM_RESTART.html

where normally are stored the coordinates at the zero step
(considered as the TARGET).
you can use that section to do what you want to do..

Teo