[CP2K:1423] Specifying QM/MM system

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:52:07 UTC 2008

Ciao Ilya,

may I answer your question with an additional provocative question?
Where did you get the starting geometry of your system?
Is it properly thermalized?

The idea behind QM/MM is to have always a fully working MM calculations,
that you can switch to a QM/MM.
You need it for several reasons.. one for all.. you need a
thermalized structure
and QM/MM is still too far slow to thermalize properly a system (i.e.
run
0.1-1 ns of NVT).

So.. I highly suggest you, first, to have a working MM setup.. then
you can switch
  to QM/MM.

Just to sweep away all the doubts.. charges for QM atoms, though
requested are
never used. The only classical contribution coming from QM atoms are
the QM-MM
non-bonded.

Cheers
Teo