Well-Tempered Metadynamics

ilya ily... at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:29:10 UTC 2008

Dear developers,

recently I found a paper which proposes `upgraded` method of
metadynamics. Here is the reference
PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 100, 020603 (2008), Well-Tempered
Metadynamics: A Smoothly Converging and Tunable Free-Energy Method.
I think it's a very useful `upgrade` to the method because it allows
sampling only of physically relevant regions of conformational space
not wasting CPU time for exploring irrelevant regions and it seems to
be easier to tune. The paper says that the method is easy to implement
in existing metadynamics code.
It is very interesting if there are any intentions to implement this?

Thanks,
Ilya.