[CP2K:1576] Re: UNIT in &CELL and UNIT for output

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 15:14:29 UTC 2008

Hi Toon,

> with (real) atomic units and nothing else, but this is probably not acceptable
> for everyone. netCDF or hdf5 are good starting points, but a good layer on top
> of that is hard to design. What would you think of a questionnaire about output
> usage patterns? That could give us a few good clues.

That sounds like a good idea (if you will find responsive users, which
are kind of rare beasts to find ;-) ).
Unfortunately, standardization/design of formats is a quite difficult
topic, and asymptotically, only the most
user-friendly (and not the best devised) will survived and will be used.
Anyway.. having people interested in this topic is pretty important..
and if you'll manage to find time to
come out with a kind of library which CP2K can sit on the top of, this
would be simply perfect.

I don't know the standard you guys use for MD-Tracks.. maybe that one is
already a good starting point.

A presto,
Teo