[CP2K:/] Re: Discussion on cp2k-release-supported-features-wishlist

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu May 22 09:04:20 UTC 2008

Ilya,

I'm happy you consider CP2K as strong (in terms of users) as GCC..
but try to be realistic!
The amount of human hours we've collected to get a release is quite
limited.
Because human beings have a specific attitude in asking whenever they
have to solve their problems..
but when it's the time to give something back.. well.. the situation
changes.

So as Axel said, we will be happy and appreciate every single
feedback there will be on this forum about the
topic "release", but at the very end will be the people directly
involved in the release to decide what they
want to do in terms of getting the best out of the box with the
available human power.
And anyway it will be a BIG success if compared with the present
situation.

If you or other people won't be happy with the release you will have
anyway the chance
to download and use the CVS version (keeping in mind that it's a
development version),
or wait for future releases.

Thanks,
Teo