Once again about periodic colvar

ilya ily... at gmail.com
Thu May 15 14:13:26 UTC 2008

Hello!

Well, I performed another test reaction which is Cl- + CH3Cl (from the
article).
I have successfully build a 3d fes which is very similar to that one
in the article and I think I've got the idea of choosing parameters
for metadynamics.
   BUT
For the case of butane I can't obtain any adequate free energy
profile.
I observed that after some point  the molecule starts spinning
strangely around C2-C3 bond and I think the are still some bugs in the
case of periodic colvar in code.
Maybe someone else with more experience in metadynamics would also try
to do this? Maybe I am doing something wrong?