[CP2K:1031] Re: input coordinates & charges

Csilla Varnai cv... at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 13 12:31:37 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I am trying to run a program which invokes CP2K at each time step.
Basically, I will need to run CP2K to calculate the forces during my
simulations, so I am trying to find the best way to do that.
I have the atomic coordinates and connectivities stored during the
run, from which I can create CHARMM format to pass it to CP2K.

I have generated a modified forcefield file of the original
distribution of CHARMM from the www.charmm.org home page to have a 1-
to-1 mapping between the atomic types and atomic charges. Having
revised the way of generating the modified forcefield I have a
forcefield of reasonable size, and the forcefield can be read by CP2K
fine. I seem to have no problem with the forcefield any longer, thanks
for the help!

I thought of relying on the internal topology builder of CP2K.
But I am getting the following error message with the default
BONDLENGTH_MAX = 3 Angstroms:

     GENERATE| ERROR in connectivity generation!
     GENERATE| The THRESHOLD to select possible bonds is larger than
the max. bondlength
     GENERATE| used to build the neighbors lists. Increase the
BONDLENGTH_MAX parameter
     GENERATE| Present THRESHOLD (   7.233872 ).  Present
BONDLENGTH_MAX (   5.669178 )

Why does it say 5.669178 instead of 6? Is its unit bohr?
If I increase the BONDLENGTH_MAX, it does not help. If I set 4.5
Angstroms then I am getting the following:

    GENERATE|  Preliminary Number of Bonds
generated:                         15757

     GENERATE| WARNING in connectivity generation!
     GENERATE| Two molecules/residues named (HSE) have different
number of atoms.
     GENERATE| Molecule starting at position (238) has Nr. <4> of atoms.
     GENERATE| while the other same molecules have Nr. <11> of atoms!
     GENERATE| Increasing bondparm_factor by 1.05.. An error was found
in the generated
     GENERATE| connectivity. Retry...
     GENERATE| Present value of BONDPARM_FACTOR (   1.155000 ).

     GENERATE| ERROR in connectivity generation!
     GENERATE| The THRESHOLD to select possible bonds is bigger than
the MAX bondlength
     GENERATE| used to build the neighbors lists. Increase the
BONDLENGTH_MAX patameter
     GENERATE| Present THRESHOLD (   8.792816 ).  Present
BONDLENGTH_MAX (   8.503768 )

Can the hydrogen bonds cause problems in this case?
Thanks,

Csilla